Okay, so technically today is not my weigh in day, Monday was but I had to get the number in there because it's been so long, I'm at 178.2...YAY. I actually weighed myself (I don't remember how long ago) and about fell off the scale because it read 186 lbs. I really didn't want to admit that I'd gained again so I opted not to add it to my 'weigh in' numbers, although now that I've lost the weight I kinda wish I had. I may add it anyway. I need not to hold back, I need to get it all out in order to be honest with myself.
I also want to share my food experiences with you. Sunday we had a birthday party for all the family members that were born in March. I was a little concerned wondering what I would feed all our visitors that would satisfy. We had eaters from across the eating spectrum, from greasy deep fried everything to very healthy fresh food eaters. I decided to prepare grilled chicken burgers, sweet potato fries (from Costco), a fruit salad with sweet vinaigrette and for the cupcakes I made the Birthday Cupcakes in The Eat-Clean Diet for Families & Kids. Wow, it was all a huge hit with EVERYONE! I was concerned about the cupcakes because when I baked them they didn't raise up like I thought they would and, when they were hot they didn't come out of the baking cups too well, so my expectations were pretty low come dessert time. Once they cooled they had GREAT texture and came right out of the cupcake liners without a problem, the kids had NO idea that they were actually good for them. Fun evening!
Last night we had Cajun Tilapia, brown rice and Eggplant Saute with Shallots, Basil and Oregano, I found the last recipe on foodfit.com. When I made the Eggplant I forgot to add the Parmesan cheese at the end and we muscled our way through that side dish, then when my husband realized our mistake we tried it with the cheese and LOVED IT.....aaahhhhh, the power of CHEESE! For an added treat for myself I found a chocolate bar that is 87% cacao.
This morning as I type I am enjoying a nice bowl of steel cut oats with blueberries, some milk and sweetened with just a little maple syrup...mmm, it's one of my FAVORITE breakfasts! On the menu for dinner tonight is Flank Steak Roll from my March/April 2010 Clean Eating magazine. Enjoy your day and keep eating clean!
No comments:
Post a Comment