Saturday, March 20, 2010

healthy LIFESTYLE...not a DIET!

I was putting off posting today hoping that I would be able to get out on my run, but last night I started feeling pretty cruddy. I went to bed early and slept in this morning. It felt great to get the rest but I REALLY don't feel up for my run...it will have to wait a few more days.

For the past few months I have been eying Tosca Reno's book 'The Eat-Clean Diet for Family and Kids' and I finally got it! My kids had a fit when I showed them the book because the word 'diet' is not allowed in our house because it is too short-term. My oldest son said that we could cross out diet and put another word instead. I've tried to talk with my kids about a healthy 'lifestyle' as opposed to 'diet', lifestyle is more long-term. Maybe that's the word we'll use...lifestyle.

2 comments:

Mary Sieroslawski said...

I'm looking for some kind of book to refer to for my weight loss. Would you recommend that one?

AJ said...

Congrats Jenny!! Awesome blog, you can do it. You are wise to say this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. That's the big secret, in my opinion!!

Are you interested in jogging?
Annalise Jones