Monday, December 29, 2008

a new beginning

40 minutes on the treadmill, that's all I could get in today. So I have gained since my goal was set, I think that I set it at the wrong time of year, not much will power around my house during the holidays. I tried very hard not to make a lot of sweets and I did succeed at that, but our neighbors didn't have the same idea and boy were there treats yummy! 2009 is a new beginning, and for some reason I always get a great high off of not necessarily my own resolution to loose a few pounds, but knowing that so many others are on this same journey as me. Thanks to all of my friends and family who have inspired me this past year and pushed me even if it was just one step closer to my goal. I love you all and hope to inspire those around me and even those that are far from me as they have for me. Keep up the good work and keep in touch!

1 comment:

megs said...

I know what you mean about the sweets. I didn't make anything, but many of the manufacturers that my company represents sent Holiday gift baskets - everything from chocolate (my own personal weakness) to cheese and crackers. I put on more than a few pounds over the last month. But, it is a new year and time to get going again. Good luck, and keep reminding yourself that there are a lot of people in this with you. :)